Saturday, March 31, 2018

Get Your Own Copy

Hello Family,
I’m so glad that so many are enjoying the films that have been converted to digital video from my Pap’s 8mm movies.  I am loving them as much as you all are.
While the films are all converted, it’s been my plan all along to down sample the frame rate so the film doesn’t move so quickly.  You see 8mm has a frame rate of about 18fps (frames per second) and these videos are encoded at 30 fps. I’ve been studying trying to find an application that will allow me to slow down the films, I’m still working on it and finding a good tutorial and the right program is taking some time. 
There are 59 films that I’ve converted.  The clips that have been shared so far are just a small fraction of all the films.  I have given Aunt Linda (DeSabato-Thompson) a copy of all of the films and I’d love to share with anyone interested here as well. 
If your TV is a smart TV, and in general it can play MP4 files, then all you need is a flash drive with all the files loaded on them.  The files I have take up around 20 gigabytes of room on a flash drive.  I recommend this drive bought on amazon for well under $20 https://amzn.to/2GZ2GsM    ... I recommend this drive because it’s the one that I loaded and shared at Aunt Linda’s house and I know it works. 
If you have a TV that is not a smart TV or might be an older model and may not be able to play the file format there’s a player that you can buy and connect to your TV via HDMI cable, this is what I gave Aunt Linda and it works very well, https://amzn.to/2GqbCdF     
If you send me a flash drive I’ll send it back to you loaded up with all the video files.  You can just order it on amazon and use my name as a delivery address, select send as a gift, and use the gift message that amazon offers to inform me of your name and address where you want the loaded flash drive sent to.  Please contact me on Facebook and I'll be glad to give you my address. 
It’s my hope that everyone wants a copy.  And by the way, if you’re close to someone that has a copy, you can just create a copy yourself from any pc, from the source flash drive to another flash drive with enough space. 
Lastly, I really enjoy seeing these old movies.  I’d be honored and so excited if any of you were to ask me to convert old movies that you have, I also can do great scans of old photos with some enhancement and I also am able to convert old slides to digital files.  These old films are laying in basements filled with wonderful memories and I doubt any of us take out a projector and put up a screen near as often as we’d like to.  If you have any interest in having any old media converted, please contact me.  This is not a business I’m not offering to do this for any financial gain, just to bring our families memories back to life. 
PS. My next projects will be converting VHS to digital.  So if any of us have VHS of our weddings, I’d be glad to help out there too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment