Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Problem with Inception

 

inception_movie_poster_01I liked the movie Inception very much. I am glad that it's winning Oscars tonight.  It was a great trip to the movie theater, I was drawn into the story and my attention was held throughout.  The movie was fantastic except for the last 15 seconds.

You see, I went to this movie knowing that the idea behind the movie was very complex. I was told to pay close attention to details and that no matter how closely you watch you're going to miss some things that will give you reason to go see it again. 

No doubt, it was a rather confusing storyline.  The man that wrote the screenplay must be amazing with a Rubik's Cube.  I have watched the movie again and I have noticed many things I missed.  That being said, I didn't have to watch this movie twice to be totally abused by the writers. 

After wading through two hours of story; and after getting immersed in Dicaprio's character and wanting him to be reunited with his children.  This movie did what so many others have done before.  They simply leave you to wonder if the ending is a part of "real life" or just another dream that Leo is trapped in.

A part of me appreciates this tactic from the writer.  Yet still, after 2 hours being involved in this story, ending it with a cliffhanger has me feeling very "Unsatisfied".  This movie was great without the cliffhanger at the end. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment